Remove unwanted air contaminants with portable air scrubbers
An air scrubber is an activated carbon air filtration device that captures VOC’s and other unwanted contaminants from the air to make it safer to breathe and to remove odors. Sometimes called a portable air scrubber because often they are easy to place wherever you like, an industrial air scrubber is essential for use in a variety of industrial and construction settings to filter out:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Airborne toxins
- Fungi and mold spores
- Gasses and chemicals
Our clients rely on commercial air scrubbers for a safer environment, without odors
There are so many scenarios where an air scrubber, also known as an air purifier or air wash unit, can make an enormous difference in the environment:
- Construction sites — Protect workers in closed spaces by removing dirt, carpet fibers, mold spores, dust, and harmful chemicals from the air they breathe.
- Remodeling jobs — Construction sites, remodeling and renovation jobs expose workers to allergens and dangerous chemicals, as well as mold, asbestos, and lead, which must be filtered from the air.
- Disaster recovery — Both large-scale and personal disaster recovery from fires or water damage demand that smoke, mold spores, and odors be pulled from the environment.
- Hospitals and medical facilities — Reduce the presence of circulating pathogens for workers, medical staff, and patients.
- Shops - Metal shops, paint booths, machine shops, craft shops, nail salons and many other shops where noxious fumes can be generated.
Other places where commercial air scrubbers are frequently used include:
- Evidence rooms and police lockers
- Morgues and funeral homes
- Cannabis growing and processing operations
- Sludge press rooms and wastewater treatment buildings
- Screen rooms
Air scrubbers use a simple process to improve the environment and make the air safer to breathe
Dirty and malodorous air is pulled into the scrubber. The air moves through a series of two filters. First it is pulled in through a MERV filter and then through a carbon bed , where pollutants and particulate matter are removed. Clean air is then expelled from the opposite end of the unit.
We also have models where no air is exhausted outside the building, but rather recirculated, which is perfect for small spaces that don’t allow for venting. HEPA filters remove irritating and harmful particulates. A carbon air scrubber, for example, takes away unpleasant odors.
Air scrubbers are a tougher, more thorough version of air purifiers, commonly used in homes and workplaces. We recommend them when a regular air purifier simply isn’t enough to protect the respiratory environment or remove heavy smells.
Contact Industrial Odor Control to get the air scrubber you need today.
We’re happy to answer all your questions about air scrubbers and make sure you get the right unit for your requirements. Call us at 973-846-7817 or use our contact form to get in touch.
Price varies by size